The Typewriter by Bill Thomson
The Author:
Thomson lives with his family in Southington, Connecticut and is also a professor of illustration at the University of Hartford. To see more of his artwork, visit: www.billthomson.com.
The Book:
As a huge fan of wordless books, I was super excited to receive a copy of The Typewriter by Bill Thomson. (Thanks Blue Slip Media!) His book Chalk is one of my all time favorite picture books.
When I first opened the book, I flipped through to take a quick glance at the illustrations. One word: GORGEOUS
Then I looked more closely at the characters: 3 diverse children. Thank you Bill! Children love seeing themselves in books and not all children are blonde-haired & blue-eyed boys! #WeNeedDiverseBooks
Finally, I "read" the story, picture by picture. Next, I read it again. Then I shared it with my son. Each reading of the book I fell a bit more in love and noticed new details in the illustrations.
It's no exaggeration to say this book is truly magical. Children of all ages will feel a sense of wonder as they explore the story.
I now have a new favorite picture book on my list!
But don't just take my word for it, get a copy for your own to share.
Giveaway:
One lucky winner will receive a copy of THE TYPEWRITER (U.S. addresses).
Resources:
Download a CCSS-aligned curriculum guide at this link.
The Tour:
I'm the last stop on this tour but you should definitely visit these amazing blogs too!
Fri, Mar 4
|
Teach Mentor Texts
| |
Mon, Mar 7
|
The Book Monsters
| |
Tues, Mar 8
|
Kid Lit Frenzy
| |
Wed, Mar 9
|
5 Minutes for Books
| |
Thurs, Mar 10
|
Cracking the Cover
| |
Fri, Mar 11
|
Unleashing Readers
| |
Mon, Mar 14
|
Sharpread
| |
Tues, Mar 15
|
Jean Little Library
| |
Wed, Mar 16
|
NC Teacher Stuff
| |
Thurs, Mar 17
|
A Rup Life
| |
Fri, Mar 18
|
A Foodie Bibliophile in Wanderlust
| |
Tues, Mar 22
|
Library Fanatic
|



Thanks for your kind words and wonderful review, Sherry! I am always happy to hear that wonderful teachers like you enjoy my books- and since my wife is from Indiana, that you are sharing them with Hoosier kids!
ReplyDelete